Rates are dependent on the services. Please contact us for more information.
KCW Psychological Services is an out-of-network provider, and our clients pay out of pocket for their therapy services or utilize their "out-of network benefits" to pay for their therapy services. Some insurance plans include out-of-network benefit coverage, indicating that after a client meets their deductible, their insurance company my reimburse them a with a percentage of the amount of their therapy payment. Some insurance companies do not have the deductible requirement. The reimbursement rates can range between 60-80% of the clients session fees depending on the clients out-of-network benefit coverage. We are happy to work with your insurance out-of-network benefit coverage and would like clients to notify us if they need documentation, detailed invoices “superbills,” to submit to their insurance company.
If you are not sure of your insurance benefits, call the member services phone number on the back of your insurance card to speak with a representative.
You can ask the following questions to inquire about your insurance network and benefit options:
- Do I have out-of-network (POS or PPO) coverage?
- If so, do I need pre-certification (not authorization)? If so, ask the representative to pre-certify you immediately.
- How many sessions am I entitled to per year?
- Do I have a deductible? What is my annual deductible? (This is the amount that you will pay out-of-pocket prior to getting reimbursement from your insurance.)
- When does my deductible begin?
- What percentage of each session do you reimburse? (The average is 70%. They MUST give you a direct numeric answer; it is the law.)
- Is there a form/documentation that must be filled out for reimbursement? If so, where can I find the form? How can I submit the form?
Many of our clients utilize a superbill submission app called REIMBURSIFY to assist with submitting their super bills to their insurance companies, to ensure quick submission and receipt of their reimbursement. Many of my clients and colleagues use this app to submit their superbills as they say it makes the process quick and easy. Click "REIMBURSIFY" to receive more information about how it works.
Click Patients - Reimbursify app to download the app and get your first claim submission free!
How Reimbursify Works:
Step 1: You pay your practitioner and receive a "superbill" (receipt).
Step 2: You use the Reimbursify mobile app/ website to submit a reimbursement claim to your insurance company.
Step 3: Reimbursify will update you on the status of your claim
Step 4: You receive a reimbursement check from your insurance company (or equivalent amount applied to your "out of network" (OON) deductible if applicable.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any additional questions or concerns, or if you need any additional support with contacting your insurance company please contact KCW Psychological Services.
We also offer a sliding scale option for financial assistance. Please contact us for more information.